The world of brick specification stretches far beyond colour and texture. Our first CPD focuses on the often missed details of bricks specification, to help safeguard your designs and ensure a pain free build process
- Introduction to the various standard governing bricks, including manufacturing, installation, site testing, overall façade design and how these are designed to work together.
- Focusses on the quality aspects of the above standards.
- What characteristics manufacturers are expected.
- How these characteristics are then tested on site by PAS 70.
- What level of flexibility should the installer show to accommodate the above standards and what level or sample reference should you work to.
- A detailed explanation of the most common site complaint.
- How to establish correct brick sizing via site testing
- Overview of the UK exposure table.
- Summary of key design considerations.
- Advice on jointing details. Mortar specification.
- How does movement in clay products differ to other materials.
- Maximum bay lengths for horizontal and vertical movement based on construction type.
- Correct specification of jointing materials and bricks tie details.
- Gives examples of differing bond patterns, mortar details and special shapes.
- Followed by case studies of projects highlighting both traditional and specific brick work features.
A high level view of the continually developing brick market.Introduction to precast concrete, the process and application.Introduction to lightweight construction supported at 400 centres
CPD Training - Enquire
Our CPD's are available to book both in your office at a time to suit your team, our as part of a showroom visit to our offices.